Q: My trunk light does not come on

All of my other interior lights work except the trunk. I tested the voltage of the dome light and it's 12V but the trunk I get 2.4V what's the solution?

The tests you have done so far pretty much tell the tale. If you are not receiving full voltage at the trunk light, then that voltage is being cut off somewhere. Where did you test the voltage from? If it was from the wire before the socket, then you know the issue is the wire itself. If you tested from the terminal or the socket itself, then the socket unit may need to be replaced.

These typically require a bit of wiring but will not be a hard job. If the wire is your problem, you will want to probe the wire with metal pins to be able to test for the section where the voltage drop occurs. Pins will allow you to test for available voltage without damaging the wires. When you find the drop, you may have a short in the wire and need to repair that section. There may be another load on the circuit that is causing the extra resistance. You may find a wiring diagram very beneficial.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the light will not come on and inspect for any electrical problems.

3. My trunk light does not come on