Q: My truck won't start when cold or after a big rain. As soon as I changed the spark plug it started

what makes it start as soon as I change the spark plug?

A: Hello there, worn down spark plugs can caus...

Hello there, worn down spark plugs can cause many issues in your 1988 Chevrolet K1500. Over time the spark plugs can fail due to poor electrical connection, worn electrodes, and increased resistance. When the engine is cold, these problems can be more noticeable. I cannot say exactly why changing the spark plugs helped the cold start issues, but it is great that it fixed the issue. If you run into any further problems, you can always get in touch with us for further questions or services.