Q: My truck won't start and I've already replaced the starter and wiring is correct. 1979 Chevy C10

I just replaced the starter for 3rd time in a year, this time the starter won't even kick or try to turn over. My lights come on in my truck and I have power to the starter, just don't know why it's not kicking, my fuses are good as well

Hello - your starter problem may be in the ignition switch, or "trigger" side of the wiring. When you turn the ignition switch to the "start" position, is there 12 volts on the "trigger" terminal of the starter solenoid? If not, the problem may be in the ignition switch. For help in tracking this down, I would recommend an inspection of the starting wiring system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My truck won't start and I've already replaced the starter and wiring is correct. 1979 Chevy C10