Q: My truck won't go into gear until I pump it multiple times after starting it. After it is still hard to shift

My truck when first started has a lot of play with the clutch. After pumping it it starts to engage again but the gears are hard to shift into. I refilled my tranny fluid because I have a small leak but that didn't seem to fix the problem. Is it because of the cold or is there something completely wrong

Hi there. It sounds like the hydraulic system for your clutch is failing. There is a possibility of a leak in the system or simply a failed clutch master cylinder. A good visual inspection of the fluid level and condition will verify if there is a leak. If the fluid level is ok, there could a hydraulic issue with the master cylinder or with the clutch itself. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a clutch pedal goes to the floor inspection.

3. My truck won't go into gear until I pump it multiple times after starting it. After it is still hard to shift