Q: My truck will run for various amounts of time, then as if turning off the key, the motor shuts off. Sometimes it simply restarts,

I bought this truck last august. It ran great for over a year, then it started simply shutting off on me as if i had turned off the key. Sometimes it will restart, but mostly, i have to wait for about twenty minutes before it will start again. I had the cam pos sensor changed out and it seemed to run good for about a week with only two stall outs, but both times, it restarted. Then yesterday it just went all to hell. Mechanic cannot find the problem as of yet.

Hello, it sounds like your mechanic has maybe done some testing and decided it was a cam position sensor. If this problem occurs more frequently when hitting a bump or a pot hole in the road, you may want to investigate the ignition switch. Sometimes an electrical short occurs when hitting a bump in the road or maybe when turning a certain direction. This could cause the vehicle to turn off as you described.

3. My truck will run for various amounts of time, then as if turning off the key, the motor shuts off. Sometimes it simply restarts,