Q: My truck will run for various amounts of time, then as if turning off the key, the motor shuts off. Sometimes it simply restarts,

I bought this truck last august. It ran great for over a year, then it started simply shutting off on me as if i had turned off the key. Sometimes it will restart, but mostly, i have to wait for about twenty minutes before it will start again. I had the cam pos sensor changed out and it seemed to run good for about a week with only two stall outs, but both times, it restarted. Then yesterday it just went all to hell. Mechanic cannot find the problem as of yet.

A: Hello, it sounds like your mechanic has may...

Hello, it sounds like your mechanic has maybe done some testing and decided it was a cam position sensor. If this problem occurs more frequently when hitting a bump or a pot hole in the road, you may want to investigate the ignition switch. Sometimes an electrical short occurs when hitting a bump in the road or maybe when turning a certain direction. This could cause the vehicle to turn off as you described.