Q: My truck turns over but won't start.

I was driving my truck it started feeling sluggish quit on me. Now it's turns over but won't start. I was told it was the oil pump. Is that possible?

It is possible that the oil pump has failed, however, it could also be something else. If it turns over slower than normal, that indicates possible internal bearing damage from lack of oil, due to the pump failure. If it turns over normally, check the oil pressure gauge (if equipped) to see if it builds any pressure. If pressure builds, even slowly, it may indicate another problem. If you need help having these items checked, a certified from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your car’s starting issue and assist with repairs.

3. My truck turns over but won't start.