Q: My truck keeps shaking and sputtering after anout 5 miles but engine light never came on

My truck keeps shaking and sputtering after about 5 miles n hesitates wen i hit the gas but the engine light never came on

A possibility is a faulty fuel system meaning plugged injectors or fuel pump, failing fuel pump, contaminated gasoline and so forth. Ignition system and/or throttle body faults are a possibility, too. Contributing factors can include degraded oxygen sensor(s). You could also have a vacuum leak or EGR system malfunction. Due to the large number of possible causes, the best way to narrow the diagnostic is to apply a real time scanner and/or an oscilloscope. If you request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My truck keeps shaking and sputtering after anout 5 miles but engine light never came on