Q: My truck keeps dying

A few days ago this started my truck died and the started up again after a a while the cables were loose so I tightend them and it stopped but todayit died a few times on the road again and once it started back up again on its own my check engine light is not on what could be wronh

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. This sounds like an issue Check the wires to the starter and ignition switch. Look for any loose wires on the starter and starter relay. Look for any loose ground wires around the fuse box. Check for any loose wires around the ignition switch. If the wires are in good shape and have tight connections, then you will need to replace the ignition switch. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to help diagnose your car's issues with shutting off while driving.