Q: My truck is vibrating when braking

I recently towed my truck on a trailer with nets that strapped the wheels down. Ever since then, I am noticing a vibration while braking. It happens when decelerating from about 30 to 20 MPH. Once I am below 20 MPH, it brakes smoothly again. If I break over 30+ MPH, it brakes smoothly. I would think that if I had damaged something, the vibration would happen at any speed. What could cause this?

Towing and the symptoms you are experiencing are probably unrelated. My guess is that your brake rotors are warped. Sometimes, warped rotors are more noticeable at certain speeds.

This is a pretty easy fix, which can be cured with a complete brake job. To determine for certain whether rotors are the cause, I suggest you have a trained professional inspect your brake system firsthand.

3. My truck is vibrating when braking