Q: My truck is starting but won't stay running, it's was running fine just a couple days ago.

I noticed that there is fuel dripping out of the tail pipe. However when I start I can keep it running as long as I hope the gas down a bit, but as soon as I let off it dies. Battery is charged, it has gas and it's a rebuilt moder like I said it was fine just a couple days ago. Any suggestions of what I should check or look at to solve the problem?

It sounds like you may possibly have a stuck EGR valve. The EGR valve allows the flow of exhaust gases into the intake manifold in controlled amounts. When you start the motor, the valve remains in a closed position, blocking the flow of exhaust gases. Once the engine reaches operating temperature and speed increases, the valve, either through vacuum or electronic control will gradually open, allowing burned exhaust gases to enter and combine with the air-fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber. When the EGR valve is clogged or dirty, as they are prone to, it may not function properly causing the engine to idle rough, stall at idle speeds, cause the car to get poor fuel mileage, or emit a strong smell of fuel due to excess hydrocarbons which also results in failing emissions tests. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My truck is starting but won't stay running, it's was running fine just a couple days ago.