Q: My truck is starting and and shutting off - 2010 GMC Sierra 1500

Turn truck on starter stays in gage for couple second,turn off runs for couple seconde

A: Hi there. In most cases, the issue you’re d...

Hi there. In most cases, the issue you’re describing is caused by a faulty starter relay or the spring that is damaged internally, causing the starter to stay engaged for extended periods of time. This can create a severe problem as it could cause damage to the flywheel if it’s not fixed sooner rather than later.

To be certain, you might want to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is hard to start and suggest the necessary repairs.