Q: My truck is starting and and shutting off - 2010 GMC Sierra 1500

Turn truck on starter stays in gage for couple second,turn off runs for couple seconde

Hi there. In most cases, the issue you’re describing is caused by a faulty starter relay or the spring that is damaged internally, causing the starter to stay engaged for extended periods of time. This can create a severe problem as it could cause damage to the flywheel if it’s not fixed sooner rather than later.

To be certain, you might want to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is hard to start and suggest the necessary repairs.

3. My truck is starting and and shutting off - 2010 GMC Sierra 1500