Q: My truck is running rough

When driving down the road my truck jumps and sputters only when I get to 3000 r.p.m.s what's the problem?

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by a wide variety of issues. Problems with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems can all cause the symptoms you are experiencing. If the symptoms only appear when driving above 3000 rpm then it may be possible that an issue is occurring under load. Perhaps a lack of fuel, or a problem with the spark. A few things to look at would be the fuel pump, fuel injector or throttle body, the ignition coil, and the mass airflow sensor. An issue with any of these could cause you to experience performance problems under load. The same can also be caused by vacuum leaks, perhaps due to leaking gaskets or broken hoses. As these sorts of engine management issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your sputtering issues.

3. My truck is running rough