Q: My truck is running hot ns the water is bubbling over!!

I've had this car for 2 years now. Last week my car started getting hot so I added some water and coolant. Well today while in traffic the car started getting overheated again. So I went to an autozone and they man said they thermostat was broken. Now we're stuck on the side of the road because the overheated light came on. What should we do?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The vehicle can overheat for many reasons. One of which may be the thermostat. The cooling system relies on the circulation of coolant for heat transfer to occur correctly. If the thermostat is not allowing colder coolant to be swapped with the hot coolant, the system overheats. This will also happen when the vehicle’s water pump stops pumping fluid, or when there is a clog in the system. Without knowing why the representative thought the thermostat was to blame, it is hard to verify that information. You will want to either replace the thermostat, or get a second opinion and inspection done to verify that is what needs to be replaced or repaired.