Q: My truck has hard start issues in the morning and afternoon. I live in Florida.

In the mornings or afternoons after sitting for awhile, my truck will have hard start issues. I took it to a GM dealership and they kept it for almost a week. They replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor, and it still did the same thing. They said it was programming and grounding issues and after keeping it for 4 days, they said it started fine. I took it home and the next morning it did they same thing. People told me it had to be the Battery so I went and put a new one in yesterday. It did the same thing this morning. The stater sounds fine, It will turn over fine, but it will hesitate a couple of times before firing? After it does start, it will start normal all the time until it sits for a period of time again. Any ideas what the issue could be? It seems that GM has no idea because they are now trying to fix it o their dime.

There are many causes of hard starting and the reality is all of the causes have to be considered sequentially and patiently. Some illustrative causes include a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), and contaminated or old gasoline. If you can start the vehicle readily when cold by holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking, suspect an air induction fault such as a stuck IAC valve. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My truck has hard start issues in the morning and afternoon. I live in Florida.