Q: My truck decelerated from 65mph on a flat surface without any warning.

Let me preface by saying that about 6 months ago my check engine light came on and at inspection i was told i had an electrical issue but nothing was wrong with the engine, etc. The light went off-reappeared 1 month ago with a winter cold snap. Now, this fateful morning i was driving in the 1st lane (or the fast lane) at about 65 mph. I didn't hear any sound exactly, it was really that i felt a shift..a change . I immediately knew to look at my speedometer because i know that feeling all to well. Had i not been in the process of merging to my right anyway, i really don't think i would have made it to the shoulder. On the shoulder the truck shut off(i was still in gear and everything). Now i turned ignition off with flashers on. About 10-20 seconds i started it back up and it ran for like 5 sec but would not rev when i pushed pedal. Battery would not hold a charge long enough role windows up. Lights went out, radio,etc.Changed battery now It cranks strong like normal but wont roll over.

First check for any fuel in the fuel tank. If there is fuel in the fuel tank, then turn on the key and listen for the fuel pump to hum. If there is not humming sound, then check the fuel pump relay and see if its clicking. If the relay is clicking, put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see if there at least 35 psi of fuel pressure. If there is no pressure, the the fuel pump may not be working and needs repaired or replaced. If there is pressure but no fuel to the spark plugs, then either there is something in the fuel rail plugging it up or the fuel pressure regulator is not working. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My truck decelerated from 65mph on a flat surface without any warning.