Q: My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second as the rpms will just continue to rise when the pedal is pushed.

Hello - there are several possibilities for this "no shift" behavior: the 2-3 shift solenoid, 3rd gear clutches, 3rd gear sprag (one-way clutch), or a sticking valve body. I would recommend a transmission inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/gears-slipping-when-accelerating-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix