Q: My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second as the rpms will just continue to rise when the pedal is pushed.

Hello - there are several possibilities for this "no shift" behavior: the 2-3 shift solenoid, 3rd gear clutches, 3rd gear sprag (one-way clutch), or a sticking valve body. I would recommend a transmission inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/gears-slipping-when-accelerating-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My transmission is slipping where a lot of times it will not change out in second - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix