Q: My transmission is slipping

transmission is slipping and I was told to have it flushed. But I have also been told not to bother as it is a waste of money and the slippage might be caused by something els.

The transmission may have bad slipping clutches and flushing will not fix the problem. You should have a transmission diagnosis done instead to see if you have a leak and low fluid situation. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you and diagnose the slipping transmission firsthand and see if it can be fixed without removing and overhauling the transmission.

3. My transmission is slipping