Q: My transmission is slipping

transmission is slipping and I was told to have it flushed. But I have also been told not to bother as it is a waste of money and the slippage might be caused by something els.

The transmission may have bad slipping clutches and flushing will not fix the problem. You should have a transmission diagnosis done instead to see if you have a leak and low fluid situation. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you and diagnose the slipping transmission firsthand and see if it can be fixed without removing and overhauling the transmission.