Q: My transmission has always shifted hard out of first but the other day it would not shift out of 1st after i reset pcm its perfect

My transmission always Shifts hard out of first but the other day it would not shift out of first at all so I reset the PCM and it started working perfectly but now I'm having to reset the PCM every time I go somewhere

Resetting the PCM is only putting the module back to factory settings and clears its memory of any problems. When you go to start the engine, your PCM may be detecting a problem and so it limits you from leaving first gear, or there is a problem with a sensor that is causing the no shift.

Try and shift manually through the gears to see if it will shift with out resetting the PCM. If you still cannot get it out of first, then you should have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes.

Make sure you are not using a re-programmer or anything hooked to the OBD connector like an aftermarket scanner, or it may be causing your problem. I have seen aftermarket programmers cause some really weird erratic problems with the power train.

3. My transmission has always shifted hard out of first but the other day it would not shift out of 1st after i reset pcm its perfect