Q: My toyota scion xa has about 98,000 miles. Do you thinkle it's wise to get a flush?

I have a 2006 toyota scion xa with 98,000 miles. During an oil change the mechanic suggested a flush, is that a good idea?I've never heard of that before.

Per the manufacturer, the engine coolant on the Scion should be replaced at 100,000 miles (and every 50,000 miles thereafter). The spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles (that is very important). It is a good idea to change the brake fluid and the transmission fluid at reasonable intervals (100,000 miles is reasonable) but those two tasks are NOT required services. There are no other "flushes" recommended or required for this vehicle. If you desire that the engine coolant be changed, as required, please request cooling system service and the responding certified mechanic will get that taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My toyota scion xa has about 98,000 miles. Do you thinkle it's wise to get a flush?