Q: my temperature gauge went very high..

while driving the temperature gauge went on the red mark.Engine light went on and smoke was coming out of the hood. Took car to the mechanic.He changed a hose. After a few days same thing happened again . No smoke this time because i was going very slow. I smelled burn.

A lot of components come into play when it comes to maintaining vehicle engine temperature. A ruptured coolant hose may of been symptom to a greater problem. A failing water pump or a thermostat that is stuck closed are a couple of things that can cause your Chevy Aveo to overheat.

An overheating problem is a serious issue and I would strongly recommend you enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will have the experience and tools necessary to determine the source of your vehicles overheating problems. They will also assist you with making any necessary repairs to fix your Aveo.

3. my temperature gauge went very high..