Q: My temperature gauge is reading hot. Just had my thermostat replace last week. They found no other leaks, pressure test was good s

My temperature gauge is reading hot again. Just had my thermostat replaced last week. No other leaks were found, pressure test was good so they replaced the thermostat just in case. It is now doing the same thing again except now the gauge will go back to normal if I turn off the car and then drive again. Can't be at a light too long. Any suggestions?

It’s possible that your temperature gauge is operating erratically which would be an electrical problem (sending unit, gauge, wiring, etc.) rather than an actual overheating problem. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. Whether the problem is gauge related (electrical) or actual overheating, if you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My temperature gauge is reading hot. Just had my thermostat replace last week. They found no other leaks, pressure test was good s