Q: My tachometer doesn't work on my 1997 Chevrolet Malibu

My 1997chevy Malibu the tachometer doesn't work

3. My tachometer doesn't work on my 1997 Chevrolet Malibu

Q: A/c blowing cold air intermittently with warm air

Hello. If the system continually blows hot and then cold, this is typically caused by a failing blend door actuator. If it fails, it can allow the temperature door to not hold the right position. It can also be caused...

Q: Q: Dead Battery again

You may have a failing voltage regulator that could be allowing the alternator to supply too much or too little amperage to the battery resulting in the battery never maintaining a consistent charge as it is designed to. The voltage...

Q: Sounds as if the car is not going into gear. I have RPM reading odometer, not sure what it should be reading when driving on freeway.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Watch the tachometer (rpm gauge) as the vehicle is in motion. When driving, you should see the tachometer go up and then go down a little when the transmission shifts gears. For 4...