Q: My SUV Chrysler voyage usually off whenever on motion, sometimes the ABS flashes on and off while sometimes also on permanently.

Whenever I start my Chrysler voyage 1997 model, in the morning I noticed that it went off suddenly as soon as I on the ignition key. Then I have to start it again for the second time before the engine start to work. I also discovered that whenever am on motion with the car, it suddenly goes off, then I have to start it again to continue my journey. As soon as that problem happen the ABS flashes on and off or it appears on permanently throughout the journey. Also the dash board might even show service engine soon. I have worked and change the fuel pump, change the engine oils, even technicians change one of the engine sensor the one under the engine. I don't really no what to do and I am writing from Nigeria. What advice can you please send to me so that I can tell it to the mechanic working my car over here in Nigeria. Your quick response to my mail will be highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation. Best Regards, Moses

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty ABS control module or possibly faulty wheel sensors. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My SUV Chrysler voyage usually off whenever on motion, sometimes the ABS flashes on and off while sometimes also on permanently.