Q: My Subaru 1998 outback dimming lights didn't work, now won't start.

Car won't start. ABS lights on. Dimming lights won't work.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is likely a charging system issue. This can happen when the alternator is failing and does not charge the battery properly which is what causes the dimming lights and the non-starting problem. A dead or weak battery will also cause other random lights to come on such as the ABS light in your case.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. My Subaru 1998 outback dimming lights didn't work, now won't start.