Q: My steering wheel is making a noise as I turn

My steering wheel makes noise as I turn and I checked fluid and it is still full

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Depending on the...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Depending on the noise the steering wheel makes and where it is coming from, this may be a few things. If it is a whining noise coming from under the hood, it is quite likely that this may be coming from the power steering pump, which may be a result a leak or being low on fluid. If this is coming from the steering column, this may suggest worn ball joints or bushings. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.