Q: My steering is hard but when I step on the gas it becomes smooth and easy.

Power steering is stiff when parked or moving slow but when I give it gas it eases up when parked or moving

Hi there. Check the drive belt tension and see if the belt is loose. If the drive belt is tight, then the power steering pump may be low on fluid. Check to see if the pump is low and top it off if its low. If the fluid is full, then the power steering pump could be failing or the control valve may be sticking. If you need further assistance with your power steering system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My steering is hard but when I step on the gas it becomes smooth and easy.