Q: My starts then shuts down after 3 seconds - 2005 Chevrolet Corvette

Car was parked for year in heated garage and not started , done this before with no problem . Put gas stabilizer in car , and run perfect for 3 secs

A: The ignition lock is a common cause for you...

The ignition lock is a common cause for your symptoms. The body control module (BCM) looks for a signal from the steering lock module before it sends power to the fuel pump/injectors and the ignition system. If the signal is bad or erratic, this can make the BCM think the ignition is still locked.

Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check why your vehicle starts and stalls before replacing parts, so you can be sure you have an accurate diagnosis.