Q: My speedometer miles stop moving and stayed at 34999.

My mile per hour still move and so does the miles I drive. What do I do so the mile on my car show the mile it has?

This is likely a problem with the instrument gauge cluster meaning the gauge cluster itself may be bad or the transmission speed sensor may be faulty. The speed sensor reads the rotational speed of the reluctor wheel, located within the transmission. When this is not working properly, you may also notice the transmission hesitating to shift gears, erratic tachometer readings, the speedometer not working properly or the odometer not working properly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My speedometer miles stop moving and stayed at 34999.