Q: Speedometer not working

My speedometer and odometer gage hasn't been working and the shift indicator shows sometimes and when the gages don't work the truck runs like crap and when they do work the truck runs normal

Hi There, This may be caused by a faulty transmission speed sensor. The speed sensor reads the rotational speed of the reluctor wheel, located within the transmission. The speed sensor also controls the anti-lock braking system. Driving with a bad speed sensor usually causes the ABS to malfunction and can lead to loss of braking power and/or an accident. When this is not working properly, you may also notice the transmission hesitating to shift gears, erratic tachometer readings, the speedometer not working properly or the odometer not working properly just as you have described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Speedometer not working