Q: My spark plug blew out.

I have a 2000 Expedition. One person owned it before me. I never had any problems. I was driving home and stopped at a stop light when it sounded like a Harley Davidson motorcycle was next to me. I quickly realized it was my vehicle making that sound. I was able to drive my vehicle the 5 miles to my house from the spot that it started to sound funny. As it turns out, I blew a spark plug(s). How much should I expect to have to pay for getting this fixed? The first auto mechanic stated it would cost me over $1000.00 which seemed steep.

A: You may have to have a dealer trained mecha...

You may have to have a dealer trained mechanic that has the special tools and training to add an insert to the spark plug hole. This repair may not be able to be done if the hole is damaged too bad and may need to have the head removed to be repaired.