Q: My son has a BMW. It will be driving fine and then all of a sudden the gas pedal will be pushed down and it will not move.

Not sure what this means. The first time it happened the check engine light went on. Then when he started it up the next day it was off and drove fine. Then it went thru the car wash and did the same thing and would not re start for 20 minutes.

A: Hi there. When the Check Engine Light is on...

Hi there. When the Check Engine Light is on, retrieve the codes as this helps guide the diagnostic process. It does sound like you either have a water intrusion problem into a connector or electrical component or there is a possible throttle position sensor fault that is intermittent and just happened to occur when it went through the car wash. For a problem like this, I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the stalling issue.