Q: Car making a grinding noise like two metals plates grinding 2008 Mazda 6

My 2008 Mazda 6, made a loud grinding noise what seemed like the break and rotar from my right front were grinding. I pulled over and waited a awhile then drove a mile back to home very slow it made it but definitely didnt feel the same, so what could have that noise been?

Hi there - your symptoms describe either brake pads worn to the point of "no pad left, metal-on-metal" with the brake rotor, or a failed wheel bearing. Both of these would make a metallic grinding noise as you describe. I recommend a brake inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car making a grinding noise like two metals plates grinding 2008 Mazda 6