Q: Car making a grinding noise like two metals plates grinding 2008 Mazda 6

My 2008 Mazda 6, made a loud grinding noise what seemed like the break and rotar from my right front were grinding. I pulled over and waited a awhile then drove a mile back to home very slow it made it but definitely didnt feel the same, so what could have that noise been?

Hi there - your symptoms describe either brake pads worn to the point of "no pad left, metal-on-metal" with the brake rotor, or a failed wheel bearing. Both of these would make a metallic grinding noise as you describe. I recommend a brake inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car making a grinding noise like two metals plates grinding 2008 Mazda 6