Q: My snowmobile ran once and has not started since.

I have a 1979 Kawasaki 440 invader snowmobile. It hat not run in about 10 years because we never got around to changing the broken fuel lines. I replaced all the fuel lines, put fresh gas in it, and after about 30 pulls it ran for about 5 minutes. Since then we have not been able to get the sled to start. I have now changed the spark plugs and had the carb cleaned by a mechanic, he took the entire carb apart, cleaned it and adjusted it to spec, using the shop manual I have for that sled. After all that, the sled still will not run. Please help!!!

You need to have the engine compression tested to see if it has lost compression. If you have low compression, then you may need to replace the piston and rings. Try spraying some starting fluid into the engine to see if it fires up this way. If it still is a no start, then the compression is typically the problem.

3. My snowmobile ran once and has not started since.