Q: My signal lights and head lights went out at once

Yesterday my signal lights and headlights stopped working. Do I have repair options?

Hi, thanks for writing in. When all power goes out to the entire head light setup, you can almost guarantee the problem is related to its power supply. The first place to start, is to determine in order, where the headlight (high and low beams) and the turn signal circuits come together. These components include any relays, fuses, or switches on the circuit. There will be a set of fuses, or likely a relay in the main fuse box that you will want to check first. If there have been any damages or new installations on the vehicle tied into the electrical system, you will also want to inspect these areas for a short in the power supply. You can find a wiring diagram of the circuit that may assist you in the process of elimination needed for diagnosis. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. My signal lights and head lights went out at once