Q: My serpentine belt on my Volkswagen Passat cc 2009 snap. The ac stoped working. On a closer look it looks like the crank shaft pul

My serpentine belt snapped. The ac instantly stopped working and the check battery light came on. On a closer look all pulleys moved except one big one in the back. I think it's the cranckshaft pulley. Any advice on how to fix and determined what cause the belt to snap would be great

Hi...if all pulleys move freely and noiselessly, and all are in the same plane, and the tensioner is working correctly, the belt snapped either due to age (most likely) or a manufacturing defect. Assuming that no pulley bearings need replacement, you can simply install a new belt. If you desire assistance with that, please request serpentine belt replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My serpentine belt on my Volkswagen Passat cc 2009 snap. The ac stoped working. On a closer look it looks like the crank shaft pul