Q: Serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise checked pulleys have replaced waterpump and alternator other pulleys seem good 1992 Buick

I have put a new waterpump and alltinater.The tensioner seems to be good and power stearing seems good but the serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise help

Hello - a failure of the serpentine belt usually means mis-alignment of the pulleys, or a shock load to the belt. Replacing the waterpump and alternator may have resolved any shock load issue, but a recurring problem like this should be checked out to be sure. If you believe a problem may still exist, I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise checked pulleys have replaced waterpump and alternator other pulleys seem good 1992 Buick