Q: Serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise checked pulleys have replaced waterpump and alternator other pulleys seem good 1992 Buick

I have put a new waterpump and alltinater.The tensioner seems to be good and power stearing seems good but the serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise help

Hello - a failure of the serpentine belt usually means mis-alignment of the pulleys, or a shock load to the belt. Replacing the waterpump and alternator may have resolved any shock load issue, but a recurring problem like this should be checked out to be sure. If you believe a problem may still exist, I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Serpentine belt keeps breaking length wise checked pulleys have replaced waterpump and alternator other pulleys seem good 1992 Buick