Q: My security light on car will not start Chang ignition still will nor start

My security light is on car will not start

Hi there. A common failure that leads to security issues as you’ve described above are door switches, which communicate to the alarm system that the doors are closed. If the door switch is in a position it doesn’t expect, it will assume someone is attempting to steal the car. Checking the door switches can be done easily by turning on the key, opening each door individually and watching the door ajar light to see if opening the door turns the light on. If the light is on with all the doors shut, you know there is a problem. Another common failure on GM vehicles like your Impala is the theftlock wiring breaking. These wires are part of the sensor that is activated when the key is inserted into the ignition. You can test this by turning the key on for ten to fifteen minutes, then starting it. If it starts, you have a theftlock problem. This will require replacing the ignition lock cylinder. The best way to reduce the stress and time to attempt to diagnose this problem yourself is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. My security light on car will not start Chang ignition still will nor start