Q: My right rear brake light stays on, even when the lights are off and I turn off the car. 2013 Hyundai Elantra

My right rear brake light stays on, even when the lights are off and I turn off the car. 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Some people have told me it might be a fuse or the brake pedal light switch, but to me it's weird that only one light (right) stays on; not both.

It is possible that the circuit for that particular brake light is shorted to power somehow. I would recommend having an electrical systems inspection performed by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. This will involve using a digital multimeter to check the resistance and voltage of the wires associated with that particular brake light. Once the source of the issue has been found it can be remedied.

3. My right rear brake light stays on, even when the lights are off and I turn off the car. 2013 Hyundai Elantra