Q: My remote starter only opens the door but does not start the car.

The remote only opens the door and locks them. It doesn't start the car.When i press the start button i can hear the car attempting to start on its own about three times then it goes silent. What do i need to do? Also I bought the car from a lady and she's not in my contact anymore so i possibly couldn't ask her about that.

You should find out the model of aftermarket alarm you have and then contact the company for troubleshooting the system. If you cannot find the manufacturer then have the system replaced with a new system. These aftermarket units are not made to last too long and seem to fail pretty often and have to be replaced.

3. My remote starter only opens the door but does not start the car.