Q: My rear power tailgate (2008 Yukon) fails to open but the rear window still opens properly

My Yukon power tailgate has stopped working properly using either the interior switch or the outside switch

Hi Richard. Thanks for contacting us today. The lock mechanism and the window are two separate systems. It’s quite possible that the door latch or the locking mechanism is stuck, causing the door to not open properly. This could be due to an blown fuse, electrical relay or the lock itself damaged. If you can press the inner door lock and can hear the solenoid activate, then the lock itself is damaged. If you press the button and do not hear anything, then it’s likely an electrical relay or fuse that is damaged. If you would like some help diagnosing and repairing your problem, I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an inspection.

3. My rear power tailgate (2008 Yukon) fails to open but the rear window still opens properly