Q: My rear passenger brake light only illuminates when head lights are on. Replaced socket and bulbs several times

Rear passenger brake light only illuminates when head lights are on. I replaced the bulbs numerous times it will work for a day and then go out. I also replaced the light socket 2x. Sometimes when I remove the bulb the base looks like it's burnt. Sometimes when I press break petal it makes a sound like springs need lubricated and Sometimes theres a clicking sound. I have both new brakes and rotors on less than a year old. Do you think I need a new brake switch? The Only additions made to my truck since purchased was a remote start, which no longer works. What do you think is going on and what would be estimate for repair?

Hi there. Check the brake light switch on the brake pedal. The switch may be shorting out with the headlight switch wires and causing the headlight power to engage the brake lights. Fix any wiring in the vehicle that may be shorted or damaged. If there is no wires damaged or shorted, then replace the brake light switch as it may have failed. If you need further assistance with your brakes light coming on with your headlights, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My rear passenger brake light only illuminates when head lights are on. Replaced socket and bulbs several times