Q: My rear end makes a metallic like sound over bumps at low speeds.

It usually only happens over speed bumps

With pick-ups and suvs, there can be common and not so common reasons for a noise from the rear. I have run into a number of these vehicles having noises coming from the spare tire mounting underneath. If the spare is not properly secured, there can be a "thump" or metallic sound from the mechanism that secures the spare wheel in place. Make sure it’s secure. Other more common suspension components like the sway bar links. Sway bars are commonly found on the front and rear suspension systems. It helps to control body lean on curves and when making turns. The links connect the sway bar to the suspension on each side. They are a long metal rod with bushings on each end of it. If the bushings have broken or worn away, of the rod itself have broken, you can experience a metallic sound or even a clunk/thump.

A certified technician can look into the noise over bumps and isolate the exact cause for you.