Q: My radio stopped working and I tried to replace it. I have the 12V line yellow and the red and black lines in but it won't come on.

It is a radio I know works and I have all the power connections on why won't it cut on?

Hello. If the radio is not cutting on, it could be for a few reasons. The first thing I would do is check the vehicle’s interior fuses to see if any are blown. It may be possible that one of the fuses that provides power to the radio may have burned out and needs to be replaced. If all of the fuses check out and you are getting power to all of the wires then it may be possible that the head unit itself has gone bad and needs to be replaced. This is more likely if it is the original head unit. If you would like to have this checked out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the radio issue.

3. My radio stopped working and I tried to replace it. I have the 12V line yellow and the red and black lines in but it won't come on.