Q: My radio skips to a different station on it's own and when I put cds in brand new they skip as well can you tell me what's wrong a

My car just had a tune up only issue I've been having is with my radio it skips to different stations on it's own and if I put a new cd inside that skips as well, what can I do to fix this? And around how much will it cost to have done?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The issue you are describing with the station skipping is due to an electrical or software fault. You should first check to see if a software patch is available from the VW dealer. The antenna boost and connection can be checked as well because if the signal is not fed to the radio properly, the radio will "scan" for a stronger signal, which could be a different station. If there is no software patch and/or there is no obvious external fault your only recourse is to change the radio. A dealer supplied, re-built radio is about $200. A brand new OEM radio costs roughly $450. Of course, add the labor cost to remove and install. If you desire that the diagnostic steps, and radio replacement if necessary, be carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a radio/CD system diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My radio skips to a different station on it's own and when I put cds in brand new they skip as well can you tell me what's wrong a