Q: My power train dash light came on in my 2007 Ford Explorer

My power train light (wrench light) came on today I was wonder if you new what could cause that the truck shifts fine it get power and acceleration fine but the light came on when I started the truck this morning and then went off after about 15 minutes of driving

Hi There, This light may come on for many different reasons, but will usually come on when something is detected related to the ability for the motor to deliver consistent power to the transmission. The transmission control module relies on information delivered to it from the ECM that it then uses to direct the transmission to shift at specific points along the RPM range. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to scan the vehicle to download any potential fault codes that may have been stored as a result of the power train light coming on.

3. My power train dash light came on in my 2007 Ford Explorer