Q: My passenger window regulator is broken and I'm trying to replace it but the window is stuck closed 1997 Toyota Camry

I am replacing the passenger side window regulator and I have the panel off and all of the bolts out but my window is stuck in the closed position, how to I make the window roll down?

Hello - the window regulator has a lever or ’"arm" which attaches to the metal frame holding the window. There will be a pin which connects the window frame and the window regulator arm. There will be a clip on the pin which must be removed, which will allow the pin and/or arm to pop out, and the window to move freely regardless of the window regulator. For assistance with this sometimes tricky job, I would recommend a window regulator replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My passenger window regulator is broken and I'm trying to replace it but the window is stuck closed 1997 Toyota Camry