Q: My oil pressure switch went out and haven't been able to start it since, what could be the issue? I have since replaced the part.

Car just cranks. No turn over and no spark. Please help

Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend checking the fuel pump fuse and especially the fuel pump relay. Make sure you are getting power from the ignition switch to trigger the fuel pump relay. On newer (incl. 2000) GM vehicles, the oil pump switch is a backup electrical path to the fuel pump relay; only coming into play when the fuel pump relay primary path fails. The fuel pump relay may have completely failed at this point. It is also possible that the Pathlock Security system is shutting down the fuel pump for some reason. If the fuel pump fuse and relay check out as working properly, diagnosis of Pathlock issues is next on the diagnostic list, requiring a GM security diagnostic tool. I would recommend having YourMechanic.com diagnose the fuel supply issue, provide an accurate assessment of damage, and estimate the cost of repairs. YourMechanic.com can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location for diagnosis and repairs. Contact YourMechanic.com to request this inspection and to schedule an appointment.

3. My oil pressure switch went out and haven't been able to start it since, what could be the issue? I have since replaced the part.