Q: my nissan altima slips ii and out of neutral gear when in traffic,what could be the cause? 1999 Nissan Altima

when the car slows down in traffic, the tires temporarily lock as if the gear is in neutral then they get released and move by themselves after like 10 seconds or if the accelerator is forcefully pressed.

Hello - I think the primary pressure pump in your transmission may be weak, or there is a problem with the valve body of the transmission, which regulates operating fluid pressure to clutches and bands. These are the components in the transmission that select and engage the different gears. Weak or misdirected fluid pressure would cause the unusual symptoms you are experiencing. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. my nissan altima slips ii and out of neutral gear when in traffic,what could be the cause? 1999 Nissan Altima