Q: My new gas pump does not work correctly

I installed a new fuel pump and my gas gage does not want to work. I filled up the tank and it went to full but drops rapidly .i am not losing gas. And also if I turn on the car repeatedly it has a hard time turning on. When the car is cold it starts up quickly.

The problem sound like you have either damaged and bent the fuel sending unit arm and it is binding inside the tank causing the pump sender to hit the side of the tank or inside slosh bowl inside tank. I would recommend removing the pump and sender to see if sender is damaged and needs replaced. Also check pump and sender connection to see if it needs replaced.

3. My new gas pump does not work correctly