Q: my mechanic says have take apart timing chain to make sure buy right parts ( is that true)

Is lying to me ( I think he not tell me truth about this and I don't want get ripped off by my mechanic

Hi there:

It really depends on what parts need to be replaced. If you have an internal engine component that is damaged; it’s necessary to remove a few parts to gain access to inspect the engine for damage. In most cases, it’s better to have the inspection completed to verify what needs to be replaced.

3. my mechanic says have take apart timing chain to make sure buy right parts ( is that true)