Q: my mechanic says have take apart timing chain to make sure buy right parts ( is that true)

Is lying to me ( I think he not tell me truth about this and I don't want get ripped off by my mechanic

Hi there:

It really depends on what parts need to be replaced. If you have an internal engine component that is damaged; it’s necessary to remove a few parts to gain access to inspect the engine for damage. In most cases, it’s better to have the inspection completed to verify what needs to be replaced.

• my mechanic says have take apart timing chain to make sure buy right parts ( is that true)